Thursday 1 February 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ole Buck and Gerhard Welz.
The Three Caballeros, directed by Norman Ferguson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1945!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1945 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Ole Buck: Composer.
- Gerhard Welz: German footballer.
- Dennis Obradovich: American police officer who was shot to death while trying to stop a robbery in a tavern August 1975.
- Gilles Servat: French vocalist who sings in Breton, French and English.
- Serge Joyal: Canadian lawyer and politician.
- US Army arrives at Siegfriedlinie.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1945 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?