Tuesday 13 February 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 13, 1945). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roy Dyke and King Floyd.
Leave It to Blondie, directed by Abby Berlin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Aktuelt kvarter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 February 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 February 1945!
Which were the important events of 13 February 1945 ?
- King Floyd: American musician (d. 2006).
- Roy Dyke: Liverpool, England -- Rock drummer (Ashton, Gardner & Dyke).
- David Tremlett: English artist.
- Marian Dawkins: English biologist and academic.
- Floyd : American singer-songwriter (d. 2006).
- Keith Nichols: English pianist trombonist and accordion player.
- Simon Schama: English historian and author.
- William Sleator: American author and composer (d. 2011).
- Allied planes bomb Dresden Germany; 135,000 die
- Gerbrandy British government refuses Dutch Jewish right to buy
- USSR captures Budapest, after 49-day battle with Germany; 159,000 dead.
- World War II: Royal Air Force bombers are dispatched to Dresden, Germany to attack the city with a massive aerial bombardment.
- Soviet forces capture Budapest, Hungary from the Nazis.