Thursday 1 March 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 1, 1945). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dirk Benedict and Wilfried Van Moer.
Keep Your Powder Dry, directed by Edward Buzzell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Aktuelt kvarter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 March 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1945!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1945 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Dirk Benedict: American actor most noted for his role as "Starbuck" in "Battlestar Galactica," 1978 and in the TV series "The A-Team," along with guest shots in other TV series.
- Wilfried Van Moer
- Jean-Claude Boulanger (bishop)
- Burning Spear: [Winston Rodney]; Jamaican reggae singer.
- Wilfried Moer: Belgian soccer player.
- FDR announces success of Yalta Conference
- Field Marshal Kesselring succeeds von Rundstedt as commander
- US infantry regiment captures M�nchengladbach.
- British 43rd Division under General Essame occupies Xanten.
- Chinese 30th division occupies Hsenwi.
- US President Franklin Roosevelt announces success of Yalta Conference.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt gives what will be his last address to a joint session of Congress, reporting on the Yalta Conference.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Rum and Coca-Cola - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- Sentimental Journey - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
- Rum and Coca-cola - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- More and More - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra