Friday 1 June 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pat Boone and Willy de la Bye.
Little Miss Marker, directed by Alexander Hall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Lamb in His Bosom by Caroline Miller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1934!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1934 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Pat Boone: American singer and actor who sold 18 million records by the time he was age 24.
- Willy de la Bye
- Willy Bye: Dutch ballet dancer and choreographer who made her debut in 1953 with the Ballet Recital Group.
- Peter Masterson: American actor, director, producer and writer.
- Ken McElroy: American criminal (d. 1981).
- Willy Roggeman: Flemish writer (Goldfish, Nardis).
- Sylvia Syms: London, England -- Actress (Asylum, Moonraker, Shirley Valentine).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?