Friday 1 June 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pat Boone and Willy de la Bye.
Fog Over Frisco, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
On TV people were watching The Three Stooges Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 1934
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1934!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1934 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Pat Boone: American singer and actor who sold 18 million records by the time he was age 24.
- Willy de la Bye
- Willy Bye: Dutch ballet dancer and choreographer who made her debut in 1953 with the Ballet Recital Group.
- Sylvia Syms: London, England -- Actress (Asylum, Moonraker, Shirley Valentine).
- Ken McElroy: American criminal (d. 1981).
- Peter Masterson: American actor, director, producer and writer.
- Willy Roggeman: Flemish writer (Goldfish, Nardis).