Sunday 1 June 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Şenol Güneş and David Lan.
Scaramouche, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching China Smith.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1952!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1952 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Şenol Güneş: Turkish footballer and manager.
- David Lan: South African-English director and playwright.
- Mihaela Loghin: Romanian shot putter.
- John Dewey: American educator and philosopher; an influential thinker and the author of "Democracy And Education," 1916, and "Experience And Education," 1938, among other books.
- Betsy Rawls wins LPGA Cross Country Weathervane Golf Tournament
- Catholic church puts Andre Gides Labor on the index
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Somewhere Along The Way - Nat King Cole (Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?