Thursday 1 October 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nagoya (Japan) and Stella Stevens.
Ride Ranger Ride, directed by Joseph Kane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while White Banners by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1936!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1936 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Stella Stevens
- Nagoya (Japan)
- Edward Villella: Bayside Queens, New York -- Ballet dancer (NYC Ballet).
- Antoinette Fouque: French psychoanalyst who was involved in the French women's liberation movement.
- Duncan Edwards: English footballer (Born 1936).
- Charles G Fullerton: Rochester, New York -- Astronaut (STS-3, 51F).
- Stella Stevens in Yazoo City: Mississippi, USA; actress (Girls! Girls!, Manitou).
- Generalissimo Francisco Franco establishes state of Spain
- Francisco Franco is named head of the Nationalist government of Spain.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?