Sunday 4 October 1936
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Hanratty and Sally Mary Caroline Belfrage.
Libeled Lady, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Drums Along the Mohawk by Walter D. Edmonds was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1936!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1936 ?
- Sally Mary Caroline Belfrage: Writer.
- James Hanratty: British homicide; a petty criminal, he was illiterate and feeble minded.
- Donald Weber: American business administrator and CEO of Contel, a large telecommunications company that merged with GTE at the end of 1990.
- Charlie Hurley: Irish footballer and manager.
- Giles Radice: Baron Radice English politician.
- Italian lire devalued
- Record 66,669 at Yankee Stadium for 4th game of World Series
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?