Monday 26 October 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce Belland in Chicago and Shelley Morrison.
Les Misérables, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Variety.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1936!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1936 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Bruce Belland in Chicago: Illinois, USA; singer (Tim Conway Hour).
- Shelley Morrison: American actress.
- György Pauk: Hungarian violinist and educator.
- Bob Dellemijn: Lourdes-ganger / Franco-volunteer, dies in battle at 18.
- The first electric generator at Boulder Dam goes into full operation.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 October 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?