Thursday 8 October 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rona Barrett in New York City and Gary Alcorn.
The Garden of Allah, directed by Richard Boleslawski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1936!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1936 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Rona Barrett in New York City: New York, USA; gossip columnist (Tomorrow Show).
- Gary Alcorn: American athlete, played pro basketball for two seasons, 1959-1961.
- Rona Barrett: American gossip columnist of Hollywood's choicest inside dirt.
- Carman Moore: American musician and composer, a musicologist and critic.
- Charles Sanford: American financier and CEO in charge of Banker Trust of New York.
- Michael White: British multiple birth, a twin born two days before his sister, Elizabeth.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 October 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?