Thursday 1 September 1988
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ricky Horror and Laura88lee .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Monkey by George Michael.
In UK The Only Way Is Up by Yazz & The Plastic Population was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Blue, directed by Luc Besson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Demon Lord Of Karanda by David Eddings was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyberball or The Guardian Legend.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1988!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1988 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Ricky Horror: Guitarist.
- Laura88lee : YouTube Star.
- David Fung: YouTube Star.
- Chanel Coast: Reality Star.
- Simona de Silvestro: Swiss race car driver.
- Gabriel Ferrari: American soccer player
- Vaneza Pitynski: American actress and singer
- Mushfiqur Rahim: Bangladeshi cricketer
- Leonor Sullivan: American politician (Representative-Democrat-Missouri, 1955-77), dies at age 86.
- Nintendo releases the Super Mario Bros. 2 video game for the Nintendo Entertainment System in the US.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Michael - Monkey
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
- Elton John - I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That
- Chicago - I Don't Wanna Live Without Your Love
- Huey Lewis & The News - Perfect World
- Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
- Van Halen - When It's Love
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?