Wednesday 20 December 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rik Van Looy Belgian cyclist (world champion and Gordon Getty.
Queen Christina, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Magnificent Obsession by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1933!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1933 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Rik Van Looy Belgian cyclist (world champion: 1961).
- Gordon Getty: American entrepreneur and noted family, the fourth son of John Paul Getty with his fourth wife, Ann Rork.
- Henri Van Looy: Belgium sport Champion.
- Jean Carnahan: American author and politician.
- Olavi Salonen: Finnish runner.
- Rik Van Looy: Belgian cyclist
- Bolivia and Paraguay sign weapon cease fire.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?