Sunday September 25, 1988US date format: 9/25/1988, UK date format: 25/9/1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on September 25, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Blake (musician) and Mariya Ise.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit) by Bobby McFerrin.
In UK Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
Cinema Paradiso, directed by Giuseppe Tornatore, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Transformation by Whitley Strieber was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Starting from Scratch.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 4x4 Off-Road Racing or Beyond the Ice Palace.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 September 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1988!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1988 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- James Blake (musician)
- Mariya Ise: Japanese voice actress.
- Joe Prospero: British actor.
- Gregory Brown: YouTube Star.
- Mustafa Yumlu: Turkish footballer.
- Tamaryn Payne: English actress.
- Christopher Jacobs, Troy Dalbey, Tom Hunter and Matt Biondi, swim world record 4x100 m freestyle (3:16.53)
- Kathy Guadagnino wins LPGA Konica San Jose Golf Classic
- Billy Carter, US President Jimmy Carter's brother, dies of cancer at age 51.
- Florence Griffith Joyner runs Olympic record 100m in 10.54 seconds.
Sport Games on 25 September 1988
- Atlanta Falcons - Dallas Cowboys : 20 - 26
- Chicago Bears - Green Bay Packers : 24 - 6
- Cleveland Browns - Cincinnati Bengals : 17 - 24
- Los Angeles Rams - New York Giants : 45 - 31
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
- Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- Huey Lewis & The News - Perfect World
- Peter Cetera - One Good Woman
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Kenny Loggins - Nobody's Fool
- Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jeffrey Osborne - She's On The Left
- Levert - Addicted To You
- Pebbles - Take Your Time
- Tony Toni Tone - Born Not To Know
- Shake Your Thang - Salt-N-Pepa Featuring E.U.
- Teddy Pendergrass - 2 A.M.
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Keith Sweat (Duet With Jacci McGhee) - Make It Last Forever
- A Nightmare On My Street - D.J. Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
- James Brown - Static
Top #10 Latin songs
- Franco - MARIA
- Marisela - YA NO
- TOCO MADERA - Raphael
- SENTADO A LA VERA DEL CAMINO - EYDIE GORME Y ROBERTO CARLOS
- Es un alma en pena - Lucia Mendez
- QUE SERA - Emmanuel
- MALA NOCHE NO - Veronica Castro
- QUE TE PASA - Yuri
- ESTE AMOR QUE HAY QUE CALLAR - Yolandita Monge
- Atrapame y condename - Jorge Muniz
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?