Wednesday September 14, 1988US date format: 9/14/1988, UK date format: 14/9/1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 14, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Martin Fourcade and Kirsten Haglund.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses.
In UK Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
Spellbinder, directed by Janet Greek, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Silence Of The Lambs by Thomas Harris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Scruples.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Akira or Golgo 13: Top Secret Episode.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1988!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1988 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Martin Fourcade: French biathlete, cross-country skier,...
- Kirsten Haglund: American model and journalist Miss...
- Diogo Salomão: Portuguese footballer.
- Louis Quinn: Actor (Unholy Rollers), dies at 73 of...
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
- Huey Lewis & The News - Perfect World
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
- Van Halen - When It's Love
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Kenny Loggins - Nobody's Fool
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- Rick Astley - It Would Take A Strong Strong Man
Top #10 R&B songs
- Michael Jackson - Another Part Of Me
- Jeffrey Osborne - She's On The Left
- Pebbles - Take Your Time
- Shake Your Thang - Salt-N-Pepa Featuring E.U.
- James Brown - Static
- Keith Sweat (Duet With Jacci McGhee) - Make It Last Forever
- Levert - Addicted To You
- Freddie Jackson - Nice 'N' Slow
- Tony Toni Tone - Born Not To Know
- George Michael - Monkey
Top #10 Latin songs
- Franco - MARIA
- Marisela - YA NO
- TOCO MADERA - Raphael
- SENTADO A LA VERA DEL CAMINO - EYDIE GORME Y ROBERTO CARLOS
- Es un alma en pena - Lucia Mendez
- QUE SERA - Emmanuel
- QUE TE PASA - Yuri
- VERGUENZA ME DA QUERERTE - Jose Jose
- ESTE AMOR QUE HAY QUE CALLAR - Yolandita Monge
- Atrapame y condename - Jorge Muniz
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?