Monday 19 September 1988
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Katie Bowden and Faye Reagan.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit) by Bobby McFerrin.
In UK Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
Dead Ringers, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Breathing Lessons by Anne Tyler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reaching for the Skies.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ninja Gaiden or Jack Nicklaus' Greatest 18 Holes of Major Championship Golf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1988!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1988 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Katie Bowden: American actress.
- Faye Reagan: American Pornographic Actress.
- Katrina Bowden: TV Actress.
- Oren Lee Staley: first president of US National Farmers Organization (1955-79), dies at age 65.
- US Olympic diver Greg Louganis hits his head on diving board
- Israel launches first satellite, for secret military reconnaissance.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
- Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- Huey Lewis & The News - Perfect World
- Peter Cetera - One Good Woman
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Kenny Loggins - Nobody's Fool
- Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 19 September 1988
- Indianapolis Colts - Cleveland Browns : 17 - 23
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?