Monday September 19, 1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 19, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Katrina Bowden and Thiemo de Bakker.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit) by Bobby McFerrin.
In UK Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
Heathers, directed by Michael Lehmann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Silence Of The Lambs by Thomas Harris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Starting from Scratch.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Knight Rider or Amiga Soccer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 September 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1988!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1988 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Katrina Bowden: TV Actress.
- Thiemo de Bakker
- Katie Bowden: American actress.
- Faye Reagan: American Pornographic Actress.
- Oren Lee Staley: first president of US National Farmers Organization (1955-79), dies at age 65.
- US Olympic diver Greg Louganis hits his head on diving board
- Israel launches first satellite, for secret military reconnaissance.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 19 September 1988
- Indianapolis Colts - Cleveland Browns : 17 - 23
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
- Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- Huey Lewis & The News - Perfect World
- Peter Cetera - One Good Woman
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Kenny Loggins - Nobody's Fool
- Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jeffrey Osborne - She's On The Left
- Levert - Addicted To You
- Pebbles - Take Your Time
- Tony Toni Tone - Born Not To Know
- Shake Your Thang - Salt-N-Pepa Featuring E.U.
- Teddy Pendergrass - 2 A.M.
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Keith Sweat (Duet With Jacci McGhee) - Make It Last Forever
- A Nightmare On My Street - D.J. Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
- James Brown - Static
Top #10 Latin songs
- Franco - MARIA
- Marisela - YA NO
- TOCO MADERA - Raphael
- SENTADO A LA VERA DEL CAMINO - EYDIE GORME Y ROBERTO CARLOS
- Es un alma en pena - Lucia Mendez
- QUE SERA - Emmanuel
- MALA NOCHE NO - Veronica Castro
- QUE TE PASA - Yuri
- ESTE AMOR QUE HAY QUE CALLAR - Yolandita Monge
- Atrapame y condename - Jorge Muniz
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?