Friday September 16, 1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 16, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Prince Ea and Teddy Geiger.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses.
In UK Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
Spellbinder, directed by Janet Greek, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Duchess Of Windsor by Charles Higham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Scruples.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception or Ingrid's Back.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 September 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1988!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1988 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Prince Ea
- Teddy Geiger: American singer-songwriter guitarist and actor.
- Sarah Steele: American actress.
- Cin Reds Tom Browning pitches a perfect game, beats Dodgers, 1-0
- Fish leaves rock group Marillion
- Jury awards Valerie Harper $1.6 M in dispute over TV series
- Tom Browning of the Cincinnati Reds pitches a perfect game against the Los Angeles Dodgers, in his 1-0 victory. Over three starts he retires 40 consecutive batters - one shy of a major league record.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
- Huey Lewis & The News - Perfect World
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
- Van Halen - When It's Love
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Kenny Loggins - Nobody's Fool
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- Rick Astley - It Would Take A Strong Strong Man
Top #10 R&B songs
- Michael Jackson - Another Part Of Me
- Jeffrey Osborne - She's On The Left
- Pebbles - Take Your Time
- Shake Your Thang - Salt-N-Pepa Featuring E.U.
- James Brown - Static
- Keith Sweat (Duet With Jacci McGhee) - Make It Last Forever
- Levert - Addicted To You
- Freddie Jackson - Nice 'N' Slow
- Tony Toni Tone - Born Not To Know
- George Michael - Monkey
Top #10 Latin songs
- Franco - MARIA
- Marisela - YA NO
- TOCO MADERA - Raphael
- SENTADO A LA VERA DEL CAMINO - EYDIE GORME Y ROBERTO CARLOS
- Es un alma en pena - Lucia Mendez
- QUE SERA - Emmanuel
- QUE TE PASA - Yuri
- VERGUENZA ME DA QUERERTE - Jose Jose
- ESTE AMOR QUE HAY QUE CALLAR - Yolandita Monge
- Atrapame y condename - Jorge Muniz
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?