Sunday 2 August 1987
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Csilla Borsányi and Yura Movsisyan.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Shakedown by Bob Seger.
In UK It's A Sin by Pet Shop Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Masters of the Universe, directed by Gary Goddard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Patriot Games by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Steel Riders.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Academy or After Burner II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1987!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1987 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
Famous Birthdays:02 August
- Myron Stout: US abstract artist, dies at 79.
- 25th Tennis Federation Cup: Germany beats USA in Vancouver Canada (2-1)
- Chris Johnson wins Columbia Savings LPGA National Golf Pro-Am
- Cin Red Eric Davis becomes 7th and earliest 30 HR 30 steal man
- Eric Davis is 7th to hit 30 HRs and steal 30 bases in one season
- Michael Andretti runs fastest Indy car race in history (171.49 MPH).
- Kevin Seitzer (Kansas City Royals), gets six hits in one baseball game.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 August 1987
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bob Seger - Shakedown
- U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- Heart - Alone
- George Michael - I Want Your Sex
- Gloria Estefan - Rhythm Is Gonna Get You
- T'Pau - Heart And Soul
- The Jets - Cross My Broken Heart
- Suzanne Vega - Luka
- Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)
- Robbie Nevil - Wot's It To Ya
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?