Saturday August 1, 1987
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 1, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rumi Hîragi and Donald Gunn.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Shakedown by Bob Seger.
In UK It's A Sin by Pet Shop Boys was in the top 5 hits.
No Way Out, directed by Roger Donaldson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while To Sail Beyond The Sunset by Robert A. Heinlein was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching G-Force: Guardians of Space.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing F-1 Spirit: The Way To Formula-1 or Alien Syndrome.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1987!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1987 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Rumi Hîragi
- Donald Gunn: American teen baseball player, a pitching prodigy.
- Stan : Greek singer-songwriter.
- Karen Carney: English footballer.
- Sebastien Pocognoli: Belgian footballer.
- Rumi Hiiragi: Japanese actress.
- Sébastien Pocognoli: Belgian footballer.
- Lee Wallace: Scottish footballer.
- Jakov Fak: Croatian-Slovenian biathlete.
- Nurse Mary R Stout chosen chairperson of Vietnam Veterans of America
- Mike Tyson beats Tony Tucker to become undisputed boxing champ.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bob Seger - Shakedown
- U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- Heart - Alone
- George Michael - I Want Your Sex
- Gloria Estefan - Rhythm Is Gonna Get You
- T'Pau - Heart And Soul
- The Jets - Cross My Broken Heart
- Suzanne Vega - Luka
- Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)
- Robbie Nevil - Wot's It To Ya
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alexander O'Neal - Fake
- Regina Belle - Show Me The Way
- Janet Jackson - The Pleasure Principle
- Lillo Thomas - I'm In Love
- Freddie Jackson - Jam Tonight
- Natalie Cole - Jump Start
- Tawatha - Thigh Ride
- Luther Vandross - I Really Didn't Mean It
- Georgio - Tina Cherry
- The Isley Brothers - Smooth Sailin' Tonight
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?