What Happened on August 17, 1987US date format: 8/17/1987, UK date format: 17/8/1987
This day in 30 sec.
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 17, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kemp Muhl and Artus (comedian).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Who's That Girl by Madonna.
In UK La Bamba by Los Lobos was in the top 5 hits.
The Dead, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Fine Things by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching G-Force: Guardians of Space.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon Scroll or Gotcha!: The Sport.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 August 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1987!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1987 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Kemp Muhl: American model actress and singer.
- Artus (comedian)
- Matthew Shultz: American musician, Cage the Elephant.
- Paolo Serrano: Filipino actor.
- Bunt single gives Paul Molitor longest hit streak of 1980s at 32 games
- Dow Jones Industrial Average closes above 2,700 for first time (2,700.57).
- ABC News' chief Middle East correspondent Charles Glass escapes his Hezbollah kidnappers in Beirut, Lebanon, after 62 days in captivity.
- Order of the Garter is opened to women.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Madonna - Who's That Girl
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- Suzanne Vega - Luka
- Richard Marx - Don't Mean Nothing
- George Michael - I Want Your Sex
- U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- Debbie Gibson - Only In My Dreams
- The Whispers - Rock Steady
- T'Pau - Heart And Soul
- Michael Jackson - I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Top #10 R&B songs
- Levert - Casanova
- Natalie Cole - Jump Start
- Smokey Robinson - One Heartbeat
- Force M.D.'s - Love Is A House
- Georgio - Tina Cherry
- I Just Can't Stop Loving You - Michael Jackson With Siedah Garrett
- Freddie Jackson - Jam Tonight
- Luther Vandross - I Really Didn't Mean It
- Dionne Warwick & Jeffrey Osborne - Love Power
- Kool & The Gang - Holiday
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?