Monday 17 August 1987
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kemp Muhl and Artus (comedian).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Who's That Girl by Madonna.
In UK La Bamba by Los Lobos was in the top 5 hits.
Dirty Dancing, directed by Emile Ardolino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while The Prince Of Tides by Pat Conroy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Steel Riders.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle of Britain or Crystal Quest.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 August 1987 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Kemp Muhl: American model actress and singer.
- Artus (comedian)
- Matthew Shultz: American musician, Cage the Elephant.
- Paolo Serrano: Filipino actor.
- Bunt single gives Paul Molitor longest hit streak of 1980s at 32 games
- Dow Jones Industrial Average closes above 2,700 for first time (2,700.57).
- ABC News' chief Middle East correspondent Charles Glass escapes his Hezbollah kidnappers in Beirut, Lebanon, after 62 days in captivity.
- Order of the Garter is opened to women.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Madonna - Who's That Girl
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- Suzanne Vega - Luka
- Richard Marx - Don't Mean Nothing
- George Michael - I Want Your Sex
- U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- Debbie Gibson - Only In My Dreams
- The Whispers - Rock Steady
- T'Pau - Heart And Soul
- Michael Jackson - I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?