Wednesday 19 August 1987
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Manny Jacinto and Nico Hulkenberg.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Who's That Girl by Madonna.
In UK La Bamba by Los Lobos was in the top 5 hits.
Dirty Dancing, directed by Emile Ardolino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Heiress by Janet Dailey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Steel Riders.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Eternal Dagger or Hi no Tori Hououhen: Gaou no Bouken.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1987!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 August 1987 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Manny Jacinto
- Nico Hulkenberg: German racing driver.
- Juliet Rubin: American noted family, the first child born to 49-yr-old Jerry Rubin, the "Yippie" leader at the 1968 riots at the Democratic convention in Chicago, IL.
- Nick Driebergen: Dutch swimmer.
- Anais Lameche: Swedish singer (Play).
- Anaïs Lameche: French-Swedish singer (Play).
- Richard Stearman: English footballer.
- Nico Hülkenberg: German race car driver.
- Hayden Rorke: Brooklyn, New York -- Actor (Dr Bellows-I Dream of Jeannie).
- ABC News Chief Middle East Correspondent Charles Glass escapes his Hizballah kidnappers in Beirut, Lebanon, after sixty-two days in captivity.
- Hungerford Massacre: in the United Kingdom, Michael Ryan kills sixteen people with an assault rifle and then commits suicide.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Madonna - Who's That Girl
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- Suzanne Vega - Luka
- Richard Marx - Don't Mean Nothing
- George Michael - I Want Your Sex
- U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- Debbie Gibson - Only In My Dreams
- The Whispers - Rock Steady
- T'Pau - Heart And Soul
- Michael Jackson - I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?