Wednesday August 19, 1987
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 19, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Manny Jacinto and Nico Hulkenberg.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Who's That Girl by Madonna.
In UK La Bamba by Los Lobos was in the top 5 hits.
The Dead, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Cultural Literacy by E. D. Hirsch Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching G-Force: Guardians of Space.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Heavy Barrel or Megami Tensei.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1987!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1987 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Manny Jacinto
- Nico Hulkenberg: German racing driver.
- Juliet Rubin: American noted family, the first child born to 49-yr-old Jerry Rubin, the "Yippie" leader at the 1968 riots at the Democratic convention in Chicago, IL.
- Nick Driebergen: Dutch swimmer.
- Anais Lameche: Swedish singer (Play).
- Anaïs Lameche: French-Swedish singer (Play).
- Richard Stearman: English footballer.
- Nico Hülkenberg: German race car driver.
- Hayden Rorke: Brooklyn, New York -- Actor (Dr Bellows-I Dream of Jeannie).
- ABC News Chief Middle East Correspondent Charles Glass escapes his Hizballah kidnappers in Beirut, Lebanon, after sixty-two days in captivity.
- Hungerford Massacre: in the United Kingdom, Michael Ryan kills sixteen people with an assault rifle and then commits suicide.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Madonna - Who's That Girl
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- Suzanne Vega - Luka
- Richard Marx - Don't Mean Nothing
- George Michael - I Want Your Sex
- U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- Debbie Gibson - Only In My Dreams
- The Whispers - Rock Steady
- T'Pau - Heart And Soul
- Michael Jackson - I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Top #10 R&B songs
- Levert - Casanova
- Natalie Cole - Jump Start
- Smokey Robinson - One Heartbeat
- Force M.D.'s - Love Is A House
- Georgio - Tina Cherry
- I Just Can't Stop Loving You - Michael Jackson With Siedah Garrett
- Freddie Jackson - Jam Tonight
- Luther Vandross - I Really Didn't Mean It
- Dionne Warwick & Jeffrey Osborne - Love Power
- Kool & The Gang - Holiday
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?