Saturday August 15, 1987US date format: 8/15/1987, UK date format: 15/8/1987
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 15, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include British Septuplets and Tim Tebow.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2.
In UK La Bamba by Los Lobos was in the top 5 hits.
Boyfriends and Girlfriends, directed by Éric Rohmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Dirk Gently'S Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching G-Force: Guardians of Space.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Airborne Ranger or Metal Gear.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1987!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1987 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Tim Tebow: Athlete.
- British Septuplets: British septuplets, seven babies born to...
- Michel Kreder: Dutch cyclist.
- Sean McAllister: English footballer.
- Ryan D'Imperio: American football player.
- At Pan Am games in Indianapolis, USA and Cuba are tied with 2 outs in 9th, Ty Griffin HR, Cuba 1st loss in 20 years of Pan Am competition
- US beats Cuba in the Pan-Am baseball.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- Madonna - Who's That Girl
- George Michael - I Want Your Sex
- Suzanne Vega - Luka
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- T'Pau - Heart And Soul
- Richard Marx - Don't Mean Nothing
- The Jets - Cross My Broken Heart
- Debbie Gibson - Only In My Dreams
- Gloria Estefan - Rhythm Is Gonna Get You
Top #10 R&B songs
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?