Tuesday 2 December 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roberto Capucci and Jim Melchert.
The Blue Angel, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Exile by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 2 December 1930 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- Roberto Capucci: Italian fashion designer, noted for his creations.
- Jim Melchert: New Bremen artists.
- Gary Becker: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2014).
- David Piper: English race car driver.
- Great Depression: US President Herbert Hoover goes before the United States Congress and asks for a US$150 million public works program to help generate jobs and stimulate the economy.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?