Saturday 9 December 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Wanna Love You by Akon.
In UK Patience by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Eragon, directed by Stefen Fangmeier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Life And Times Of The Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strutter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cars or Curious George.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 2006!
Which were the important events of 9 December 2006 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 December
- Koula Agagiotou: Greek actress (Born 1915).
- William J. Jefferson is reelected as the member for Louisiana's 2nd congressional district in a runoff election defeating fellow Democrat Karen Carter despite facing an ongoing bribery investigation. (AP via CNN)
- The United States Senate passes legislation normalising trade with Vietnam, renewing tax cuts and opening the Gulf of Mexico to new drilling for oil and gas fields. The legislation had earlier been passed by the United States House of Representatives and will now go to President of the United States George W. Bush for approval. (Reuters)
- A fire at a Russian drug treatment hospital kills 45 people with arson suspected. (CNN)
- The Space Shuttle ''Discovery'' makes a rare night time launch. (Yahoo/AP)
- Two months after it opened, the ampquotThe World of Turkmenbashi Talesampquot themepark in Turkmenistan is made operational. The park, which is named after the Turkmenbashi, Saparmurat Niyazov, is expected to attract more children now that the rides work and all libraries have been closed. (USA Today)
- 2006 Fijian coup d'état: Media reports that gunfire had been heard near military barracks in Suva have been dismissed as being mistaken identification of a game of cricket. (AFP via OptusNet)
- DNA testing confirms that blood with a high blood alcohol content did indeed belong to Henri Paul, the driver in the crash that killed Diana, Princess of Wales, Dodi al Fayed and Paul himself in 1997. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 9 December 2006
Serie AItalian Football
- Palermo - Livorno : 3 - 0
- Reggina - Ascoli : 2 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Bergen - Beveren : 1 - 0
- Germinal - Gent : 0 - 3
- Lokeren - Waregem : 0 - 2
- Mouscron - Lierse : 2 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Cottbus : 2 - 1
- Ein Frankfurt - Werder Bremen : 2 - 6
- Hamburg - Nurnberg : 0 - 0
- Hannover - Bielefeld : 1 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Barcelona - Sociedad : 1 - 0
- Sevilla - Real Madrid : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?