Monday 11 December 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Patience by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
The Pursuit of Happyness, directed by Gabriele Muccino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Palestine Peace Not Apartheid by Jimmy Carter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strutter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Armored Core 4 or Cake Mania.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 2006!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 December 2006 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 December
- Elizabeth Bolden: American supercentenarian (Born 1890).
- The International Conference to Review the Global Vision of the Holocaust is opened in Tehran, Iran by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad; Nations such as Israel and the United States express concern.
- Felipe Calderón sends the Mexican military to combat the drug cartels and put down the violence in the state of Michoacán, initiating the Mexican Drug War.
- In Nagorno-Karabakh 98.6 percent of voters vote in favor of a constitution favoring independence from Azerbaijan. (RadioFreeEurope/RadioLibery)
- Former GAM rebel leader Irwandi Yusuf is elected governor of the Indonesian province of Aceh in elections that are part of a peace deal ending the civil war. (Bernama)
- Former Prime Minister of Fiji Sitiveni Rabuka is cleared of two charges of mutiny in relation to the mutinies of the 2000 Fijian coup d'état. (ABC News Australia)
- Archaeologists working for the Vatican have found the tomb of Paul of Tarsus. (USA Today)
- United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan strongly criticizes the United States, in particular the Bush administration, claiming it has strayed from multilateralism and human rights, in his final speech. (BBC)
- Traces of polonium-210 are found in a flat in Hamburg, Germany, on objects touched by former Russian spy Dmitri Kovtun a day before he met poisoned ex-spy Alexander Litvinenko in London. (The Times)
- Unidentified gunmen try to assassinate Baha Balousheh, a security chief associated with Fatah, but instead shoot and kill his three children in the Gaza Strip. The assassination attempt may have been a revenge attack for the attempted assassination of Interior Minister Sayid Seyam of Hamas. (JTA)
- The Space Shuttle ''Discovery'' successfully docks with the International Space Station with the crew to spend a week rewiring the space station. (CNN)
- In an interview with Jeff Stein, a national security editor for ''Congressional Quarterly'', Silvestre Reyes, the incoming Chairman of the U.S. House Intelligence Committee incorrectly claims that Al Qaeda is a ampquotpredominantly Shiiteampquot organization. When asked if Hezbollah is a Sunni or a Shiite organization, Reyes said ampquotIt's hard to keep things in perspective and in the categories.ampquot (Fox News)
- A devastating bushfire rips through the town of Scamander, Tasmania in Australia, destroying 23 homes. (News.com.au)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 December 2006
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Freiburg - Karlsruhe : 0 - 4
Division 2Football (France)
- Dijon - Grenoble : 1 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Sheffield United - Aston Villa : 2 - 2
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Cesena - Napoli : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?