Monday 18 December 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Patience by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while For One More Day by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strutter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AFL Premiership 2006 or Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 2006!
Which were the important events of 18 December 2006 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 December
- The first of a series of floods strikes Malaysia. The death toll of all flooding is at least 118, with over 400,000 people displaced.
- Uzbekistan nearly doubles the price of natural gas it sells to Kyrgyzstan from USD $55 to $100 (£51) per 1,000 cubic meters of gas amid growing tension between the two nations over alleged spying. (BBC News)
- Six-party talks resume on North Korea's nuclear weapons program with North Korea and the United States being ampquotpoles apartampquot in their opening positions. (CNN)
- 2006 Ipswich murder investigation: Police arrest a 37-year-old man in Trimley St. Martin near Felixstowe, England on suspicion of the murders of five prostitutes. (Guardian)
- Palestinian Civil Skirmishes increase after Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas calls early elections and a truce between his forces and the Hamas government appeared close to collapse in the Gaza Strip. (Reuters)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 December 2006
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?