Tuesday January 18, 1977
US date format: 1/18/1977, UK date format: 18/1/1977
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 18, 1977). The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was James Callaghan (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Didier Dinart and Jean-Patrick Nazon.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Wish by Stevie Wonder.
In UK Don't Give Up On Us by David Soul was in the top 5 hits.
Cross of Iron, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Adolf Hitler by John Toland was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Emigrants.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Super Bug or Space Wars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 18, 1977?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Imran Khan takes 12 wickets in match for Pakistan win at the Sydney Cricket Ground.
- Australia's worst rail disaster occurs at Granville, Sydney killing 83.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 18, 1977?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Brick - Dazz
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- The Sylvers - Hot Line
- Eagles - New Kid In Town
- Engelbert Humperdinck - After The Lovin'
- Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Blinded By The Light
- Mary MacGregor - Torn Between Two Lovers
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 18If January 18, 1977 is your birthday you're 43 years, 8 months, 4 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 3 months, 27 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?