Tuesday 11 January 1977
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 11, 1977). The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jérôme Kerviel and Masahiro Matsuoka.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to You Make Me Feel Like Dancing by Leo Sayer.
In UK Don't Give Up On Us by David Soul was in the top 5 hits.
Bad, directed by Jed Johnson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Blue Skies, No Candy by Gael Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die drei Klumberger.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Baseball or Blackjack.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 January 1977
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1977!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1977 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Jérôme Kerviel: French trader, allegedly at the center of a huge financial scandal at one of France's largest investment banks.
- Masahiro Matsuoka
- Devin Ratray
- Anni Friesinger-Postma: German speed skater.
- Shomari Buchanan: American football player.
- Olexiy Lukashevych: Ukrainian long jumper.
- Nadia Turner: American singer.
- Shamari Buchanan: American football player.
- Cubs trade outfielder Rick Monday to Dodgers for Bill Buckner
- France releases Abu Daoud, a Palestinian suspected of involvement in the massacre of Israeli athletes at the 1972 Munich Olympics.
- Bollingen Prize awarded to David Ignatow.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- Brick - Dazz
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
- The Sylvers - Hot Line
- Engelbert Humperdinck - After The Lovin'
- Burton Cummings - Stand Tall
Top #10 R&B songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?