Sunday 9 January 1977
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 9, 1977). The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Viktors Dobrecovs and Beth Troutman.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show) by Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr..
In UK Don't Give Up On Us by David Soul was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven-Per-Cent Solution, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Touch Not The Cat by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Emigrants.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Zork or Blackjack.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1977
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1977!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1977 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
Famous Birthdays:09 January
- Porgy & Bess closes at Uris Theater NYC after 122 performances
- Super Bowl XI: Oakland Raiders defeat Minnesota Vikings, 32-14, in Pasadena, California; Most Valuable Player: Fred Biletnikoff, Wide Receiver.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 9 January 1977
- Minnesota Vikings - Oakland Raiders : 14 - 32
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1977?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
- Brick - Dazz
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Engelbert Humperdinck - After The Lovin'
- Burton Cummings - Stand Tall
Top #10 R&B songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?