Saturday 2 June 2007US date format: 6/2/2007, UK date format: 2/6/2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 2, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Makes Me Wonder by Maroon5.
Evening, directed by Lajos Koltai, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching El Pantera.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aqua Teen Hunger Force Zombie Ninja Pro-Am or BioShock.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 June 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 2 June 2007 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 June
- Four people are charged with a terror plot to blow up JFK International Airport in New York.
- The U.S. Navy dock landing ship USS ''Carter Hill'' confronts pirates off the coast of Somalia after they had hijacked a Danish merchant vessel, the MV ''Danica White''. (AP via ''USA Today'')
- Israeli troops kill a Palestinian shopkeeper and seriously injure another in the West Bank town of Nablus. (BBC)
- Three suspects are arrested in relation to a terrorism plot involving John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City, with a fourth suspect being sought. (CNN)
- Scotland Yard detectives who went to Jamaica to probe Bob Woolmer's death come to the verdict of the murder investigation, saying that Bob Woolmer died of heart failure and was not murdered. (BBC)
- Thousands of protesters and antiglobalisation demonstrators gather in Rostock, Germany to protest the 33rd G8 summit to be held in Heiligendamm later in the week. (Chicago Tribune)
- Sporadic violence breaks out, with police attacked by rocks and bottles and some cars burned some 100 police officers are injured. (Sky News)
- The President of Algeria Abdelaziz Bouteflika accepts the resignation of his Cabinet after recent elections. The Prime Minister of Algeria Abdelaziz Belkhadem is expected to retain his position when a new Cabinet is chosen. (BBC)
- The United States Federal Bureau of Investigation names Alexis Flores as the 487th person placed on the FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list. He is wanted for the kidnapping, rape and murder of a five-year-old girl in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (UPI)
Sport Games on 2 June 2007
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Cadiz - Elche : 3 - 1
- Las Palmas - Salamanca : 2 - 2
- Sp Gijon - Ciudad de Murcia : 4 - 3
- Tenerife - Vecindario : 0 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin') - T-Pain Featuring Yung Joc
- Please Don't Go - Tank
- Robin Thicke - Lost Without U
- Lloyd - Get It Shawty
- Shop Boyz - Party Like A Rockstar
- Pop, Lock & Drop It - Huey
- I'm A Flirt - R. Kelly Or Bow Wow (Featuring T.I. & T-Pain)
- When I See U - Fantasia
- Same Girl - R. Kelly Duet With Usher
- Musiq Soulchild - Buddy
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- Impacto - Daddy Yankee Featuring Fergie
- Si Nos Quedara Poco Tiempo - Chayanne
- Bendita Tu Luz - Mana
- Igual Que Ayer - RKM & Ken-Y
- Sola - Hector "El Father"
- Eres Para Mi - Julieta Venegas
- Cuisillos - Mil Heridas
- Dame Un Beso - Intocable
- Pegao - Wisin & Yandel Featuring Los Vaqueros
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
More cars than light trucks were sold in the U.S. last month, as gasoline prices nationwide soared to more than $3 a gallon. [..]
Chinese markets swooned, but American investors reached new heights. The World Bank has big money-raising needs for its new leader. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?