Wednesday 2 March 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
L'argent, directed by Marcel L'Herbier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Fatal Error by J.A. Jance was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chatney.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Wars: The Old Republic or Battleheart.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 2011!
Which were the important events of 2 March 2011 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 March
- 2011 Libyan civil war
- The South Korean Navy ship ''Choi Young'' arrives off the coast of Tripoli to evacuate South Korean citizens from Libya. (Yonhap)
- Supporters and opponents of Muammar Gaddafi fight to control the town of Brega with the rebel held town of Ajdabiya being bombed government troops later retreat. (AP via''Gold Coast Telegram'')
- Colonel Gaddafi claims that Libya's oil fields are ampquotsafeampquot and ampquotunder controlampquot and warns against foreign intervention. (Associated Press)
- A spokesman for the ampquotinterim national government councilampquot in Benghazi calls for the international community to carry out air strikes against mercenaries fighting for Colonel Gaddafi. (''New York Times'')
- 2011 Yemeni protests
- Thousands of anti-government protesters demonstrate across Yemen, amid mounting pressure for President Ali Abdullah Saleh to step down. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Iranian protests
- Iran's opposition says 200 people were arrested during protests in the capital Tehran yesterday. (BBC)
- Dozens of people are killed in fighting between rebels and troops in Southern Sudan. (Al Jazeera)
- Shahbaz Bhatti, Pakistan's Minister for Minorities and himself a Roman Catholic, is assassinated in Islamabad. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Sony Music Japan apologises for members of the rock band Kishidan dressing up in Nazi style uniforms in a television broadcast following protests from the Simon Wiesenthal Center. (AP via MSNBC)
- Pope Benedict XVI exonerates the Jewish people for the responsibility for the death of Jesus in his book ''Jesus of Nazareth Part II''. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- Four Chinese stamps from the Cultural Revolution are sold at auction for approximately $1.15million. (BBC)
- The Bangladeshi central bank attempts to remove Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus from the Grameen Bank which he founded. (BBC)
- Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation agrees to sell Sky News in order to be in a position to buy BSkyB without a Competition Commission inquiry. (BBC)
- MetLife, the largest life insurance company in the United States, claims that shares held by the American International Group (AIG) have been sold for $6.35 billion to help pay back the United States government for the bailout. (Bloomberg via ''San Francisco Chronicle'')
- Barnes Noble settles an intellectual property dispute over the design of its ebook reader, the Nook. (Reuters)
- Around 40 fishermen in Zambia are feared dead after their boat capsized in a storm on Lake Mweru. (AFP via Google News)
- Prosecutors in Paris, France, say that British fashion designer John Galliano will face criminal charges over alleged anti-Semitic remarks. (''The Telegraph'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 2 March 2011
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Getafe - Ath Madrid : 1 - 1
- Osasuna - La Coruna : 0 - 0
- Sociedad - Levante : 1 - 1
- Valencia - Barcelona : 0 - 1
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Albacete - Valladolid : 1 - 1
- Las Palmas - Recreativo : 1 - 1
- Vallecano - Alcorcon : 1 - 0
- Xerez - Gimnastic : 1 - 2
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Tamworth - Kettering Town : 3 - 1
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- East Stirling - Albion Rvs : 0 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?