Sunday 2 November 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 2, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Denis Gerald Barrington .
Sin Takes a Holiday, directed by Paul L. Stein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 November 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1930!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1930 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Ras Tafari crowned Haile Selassie I, 225th emperor of Solmonic Dynasty.
- Haile Selassie is crowned emperor of Ethiopia.