Thursday 2 October 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sam Wainwright .
The Slanderers, directed by Nat Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while So Big by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1924 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Sam Wainwright: Deputy Chairman (British Post Office).
- The Geneva Protocol is adopted as a means to strengthen the League of Nations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Down Home Blues - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- Mandalay - Al Jolson
- Sophie Tucker - Red-Hot Mama
- There'll Be Some Changes Made - Marion Harris
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?