Saturday 2 October 1943US date format: 10/2/1943, UK date format: 2/10/1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 2, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Van Himst and Michel Mouillot.
Lassie Come Home, directed by Fred M. Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 October 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1943 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Paul Van Himst
- Michel Mouillot
- Pierre Veilletet
- Anna Ford: English journalist and academic.
- Jean-Jacques Annaud: Director.
- Franklin Rosemont: American poet painter and historian (d. 2009).
- William Margold: American porn actor and director.
- Henri SZEPS: Lausanne, Switzerland -- Actor (Mother & Son).
- Carol Chaplin: American newsmaker, the daughter of the actress Joan Barry who was having a brief affair with the actor-comedian Charlie Chaplin at the time of Carol's conception.
- Robert Nathaniel Dett: Composer, dies at 60.
- Japanse troops leave Kolombangara, Solomon Island
- Yankees sweep 14th doubleheader of year, beating Browns, 5-1 and 7-6