Saturday 2 October 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henri SZEPS and Carol Chaplin.
Lassie Come Home, directed by Fred M. Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1943!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1943 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Henri SZEPS: Lausanne, Switzerland -- Actor (Mother & Son).
- Carol Chaplin: American newsmaker, the daughter of the actress Joan Barry who was having a brief affair with the actor-comedian Charlie Chaplin at the time of Carol's conception.
- Anna Ford: English journalist and academic.
- William Margold: American porn actor and director.
- Franklin Rosemont: American poet painter and historian (d. 2009).
- Robert Nathaniel Dett: Composer, dies at 60.
- Japanse troops leave Kolombangara, Solomon Island
- Yankees sweep 14th doubleheader of year, beating Browns, 5-1 and 7-6
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 October 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?