Wednesday 2 September 1925
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ronnie Stevens and Russ Conway.
The Phantom of the Opera, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Soundings by A. Hamilton Gibbs was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1925!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1925 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Ronnie Stevens: London, England -- Actor (Rodney-Dick & Duchess).
- Russ Conway: British pianist and songwriter who had many hits in the late 1950s and early 1960s as one of the most popular pianists of the UK.
- Hugo Montenegro: American composer and bandleader (d. 1981).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?