Sunday 2 September 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 2, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Catherine Lachens and Scott Spencer.
Our Vines Have Tender Grapes, directed by Roy Rowland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 September 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1945 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
Famous Birthdays:02 September
- 59th US Womens Tennis: Sarah P Cooke beats Pauline Betz (36 86 64)
- Ho Chi Minh declares Vietnam independence from France (National Day)
- V-J Day; formal surrender of Japan aboard USS Missouri (WWII ends)
- Japan signs official surrender, accepted by General Douglas MacArthur on the battleship USS Missouri in Tokyo Bay, off Yokohama. Allied nations participating in the ceremony are USA, China, Great Britain, Soviet Union, Australia, Canada, France, Netherlands, New Zealand. This is the first time in recorded history for Japan to host a successful military invasion from a foreign power.