Thursday 2 September 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Quentin McKenna .
The Clinging Vine, directed by Paul Sloane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 September 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1926 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Quentin McKenna: American electrical engineer and CEO in charge of Kennametal, an expanding distribution business specializing in tool inserts and tooling systems.
- Italy signs treaty with Yemen
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Bye Bye, Blackbird - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- At Peace with the World - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Ya Gotta Know How to Love - Gene Austin
- Love Bound - Ted Weems & His Orchestra