Thursday 3 March 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Colin Wells and Benedict Carey.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK Why by Anthony Newley was in the top 5 hits.
Can-Can, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Poor No More by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pony Express.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 1960!
Which were the important events of 3 March 1960 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
- Colin Wells: English cricketer.
- Benedict Carey: American journalist.
- Neal Heaton: American baseball player and coach.
- Sammy White: Actor (711 Ocean Drive, Sound Off), dies at 65.
- 9th largest snowfall in NYC history (14.5)
- Elvis Presley returns home from Germany, after being away on duty for 2 years.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Bobby Darin - Beyond The Sea
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- The Everly Brothers - Let It Be Me
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?