Tuesday 3 January 1956US date format: 1/3/1956, UK date format: 3/1/1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 3, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mel Gibson and Nicole Mossoux.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Diane, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while No Time For Sergeants by Mac Hyman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 January 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1956 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Mel Gibson: American-Australian actor whose...
- Nicole Mossoux: Belgian dancer and choreographer.
- Guy Ryder: Scientist.
- Mel Gibson in Peekskill: New York, USA; actor (Mad Max, Mrs...
- Willy T Ribbs: American race-car driver.
- Gioele Dix: Italian actor and comedian of Jewish...
- Alexander Gretchaninov: Russian-American pianist and composer...
- A fire damages the top part of the Eiffel Tower.
- By popular demand, ''Peter Pan'', starring Mary Martin, is restaged live by Producers' Showcase on NBC-TV.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?