Thursday 9 July 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 9, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Roundtree and Chris Turner.
Crossroads, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 July 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1942 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Richard Roundtree: American black actor, a leading man of the '70s who starred in the big hit "Shaft," 1971 and its two sequels, "Shaft's Big Score," 1972 and "Shaft in Africa," 1973, spinning off into a TV series.
- Chris Turner: Australian pro astrologer from 1974; author of "The Astrology Book of Calculations," 1984.
- Edy Williams: Salt Lake City, Utah -- Actress (Dr Minx).
- Paul B Henry: (Rep-R-Michigan, 1985- ).
- Robert Frankel: Horse trainer.
- Phil Gramm: Politician.
- David Chidgey: Baron Chidgey English engineer and politician.
- James McCarthy: American ecclesiastic, ordained a Roman Catholic priest on 6/01/1968 and began his ministry at St. Peter's in Monticello, moving later to St. Benedict's, a large Bronx parish, before joining the staff of Cardinal John O'Connor as secretary.
- Otto Penzler: Editor.
- Hermann Burger: Writer.
- Anne Frank, 13, goes into hiding with her family and 4 other Jews
- Şükrü Saracoğlu forms the new (13th) government in Turkey.