Thursday 9 July 1942US date format: 7/9/1942, UK date format: 9/7/1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 9, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Roundtree and Chris Turner.
Crossroads, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 July 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1942 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Richard Roundtree: American black actor, a leading man of...
- Chris Turner: Australian pro astrologer from 1974;...
- Edy Williams: Salt Lake City, Utah -- Actress (Dr...
- Paul B Henry: (Rep-R-Michigan, 1985- ).
- Robert Frankel: Horse trainer.
- Phil Gramm: Politician.
- David Chidgey: Baron Chidgey English engineer and...
- James McCarthy: American ecclesiastic, ordained a Roman...
- Otto Penzler: Editor.
- Hermann Burger: Writer.
- Anne Frank, 13, goes into hiding with her family and 4 other Jews
- Şükrü Saracoğlu forms the new (13th) government in Turkey.