Thursday 3 May 1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Astor and René Huyghe.
Invisible Thief, directed by Gaston Velle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while The Jungle by Upton Sinclair was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1906 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Mary Astor: American actress, on-screen from 1920.
- René Huyghe: French writer on the history, psychology and philosophy of art.
- Anna Roosevelt: American political family, the first and only daughter of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt.
- Pierre Vilar: French historian who specialized in the history of Catalonia and hispanism.
- Rene Huyghe: France Writer.
- Anna Halsted: American journalist and author (d. 1975).
- Enrique Laguerre: Puerto Rican journalist author and playwright (d. 2005).
- Anna E Roosevelt: American radio personality, daughter of Franklin Delano Roosevelt (d. 1975).
- Mary Astor Quincy Illinois: actress (Maltese Falcon, Dinky, Across the Pacific).
- Jean Desbordes: French poet and writer.
- British-controlled Egypt takes Sinai peninsula from Turkey.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1906 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- When You and I Were Young, Maggie - Richard Jose
- Just a Little rocking Chair and You - Billy Murray
- When the Mocking Birds are Singing in the Wildwood - Harry Macdonough
- If a Girl Like You Loved a Boy Like Me - Harry Macdonough
- On an Automobile Afternoon - Harry Tally
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?