Tuesday 8 May 1906
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roberto Rossellini and David Van Vactor.
Invisible Thief, directed by Gaston Velle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while Coniston by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1906 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Roberto Rossellini: Italian acclaimed film director, producer and scenarist, the leading representative of the post WW II wave of realism.
- David Van Vactor: Plymouth, Indiana -- Composer (Chaconne).
- Maurice Le Lannou: French geographer, who died on 3 July 1992.
- Esther Hoffe: Israeli mistress of Max Brod (d. 2007).
- Philadelphia Athletics pitcher Chief Benders plays outfield and hits two homeruns.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Grand Old Rag - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?