Saturday 5 May 1906
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Exbrayat and Ursula Jeans.
Invisible Thief, directed by Gaston Velle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while The Fighting Chance by Robert W. Chambers was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1906 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Charles Exbrayat: French fiction writer, who published over 100 novels and short stories, most of them humorous thrillers.
- Ursula Jeans: Simla, India -- Actress (I Lived With You, Over the Moon).
- Charles Exbrayat-Durivaux: St-Etienne Journalist.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Grand Old Rag - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?