Saturday 5 May 1906
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 5, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Exbrayat and Ursula Jeans.
The Voice of Conscience, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 May 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1906 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Charles Exbrayat: French fiction writer, who published over 100 novels and short stories, most of them humorous thrillers.
- Ursula Jeans: Simla, India -- Actress (I Lived With You, Over the Moon).
- Lincoln Kirstein: Dancer.
- Charles Exbrayat-Durivaux: St-Etienne Journalist.