Thursday May 24, 1906
US date format: 5/24/1906, UK date format: 24/5/1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 24, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Mayo and Edmund Sargant.
Drame passionnel, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 24, 1906?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 24, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Paddle Your Own Canoe
- Will Denny - Nothing Like That in Our Family
- Len Spencer & Steve Porter - Flanagan's Night Off