Wednesday 2 May 1906
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aileen Riggin and Wolfgang Abendroth.
Invisible Thief, directed by Gaston Velle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while The Jungle by Upton Sinclair was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1906 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Aileen Riggin: Newport, Rhode Island -- Springboard diver (1920, 24 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Wolfgang Abendroth: German sociologist who specialized in political sciences and educator.
- Maurice Thiriet: French composer of classical and film music.
- Philippe Halsman: Latvian-American photographer (d. 1979).
- 32nd Kentucky Derby: Roscoe Troxler aboard Sir Huon wins in 2:08.8.
- Closing ceremony of the Intercalated Games in Athens, Greece.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1906 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- When You and I Were Young, Maggie - Richard Jose
- On an Automobile Afternoon - Harry Tally
- If a Girl Like You Loved a Boy Like Me - Harry Macdonough
- When the Mocking Birds are Singing in the Wildwood - Harry Macdonough
- Just a Little rocking Chair and You - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?