Sunday 6 May 1906
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Enrique Laguerre and Andre Weil.
Invisible Thief, directed by Gaston Velle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1906 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Enrique Laguerre: Puerto Rican writer (d. 2005).
- Andre Weil: French mathematician (d. 1998).
- Karl Schulz: Germany Military man.
- André Weil: French mathematician and academic (d. 1998).
- Temporary permit to erect overhead wires on Market St, San Francisco
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 May 1906
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Grand Old Rag - Billy Murray
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?