Thursday 3 May 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Penberthy and Albrecht Fleckenstein.
Max Wants a Divorce, directed by Max Linder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 May 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1917 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- James Penberthy: composer.
- Albrecht Fleckenstein: German scientist, a doctor, professor and author, his speciality was in the area of cardiovascular physiology and phamacology and he pioneered work in atherosclerosis .
- Betty Comden: American screenwriter and librettist (d. 2006).