Wednesday 3 May 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Emmanuel and Betty Comden.
The Queen of Spades, directed by Yakov Protazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 May 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1916 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Pierre Emmanuel: French poet of Christian inspiration.
- Betty Comden
- Jean Bernard: French Catholic priest, who served as Bishop of Nancy from 1972 to 1991.
- Henry Barbosa Gonzalez San Antonio Texas: (Representative-Democrat-Texas, 1961-).
- Léopold Simoneau: Canadian tenor and actor (d. 2006).
- Leaders of the Easter Rising\ \ Tom Clarke: Irish Nationalist, Leader and Organiser of the Easter Rising (Born 1858)\ Thomas MacDonagh, Irish Nationalist and Leader of the Easter Rising (b.
- The leaders of the Easter Rising are executed in Dublin.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- There's a Broken Heart for Every Light on Broadway - Elsie Baker
- Memories - Henry Burr
- Hello, Hawaii, How Are You? - Anna Chandler