Thursday 24 May 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 24, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Russell 13th Duke of Bedford and Georges Millot.
Two of a Kind, directed by John Herzfeld, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1917!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1917 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- John Russell 13th Duke of Bedford
- Georges Millot
- William C Gribble Jr
- William Gribble: American military, Lieutenant general.
- Theodore Hesburgh: Syracuse, New York -- President (Notre Dame).
- Alan Campbell: Baron Campbell of Alloway English lawyer and judge (d. 2013).
- John Russell: British nobility, the 13th Duke of Bedford, a character of the British establishment and author of "The Book of Snobs.
- Lord Campbell: of Alloway Queen's Council.
- Derek Hodgson: British high court judge.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I'se Gwine Back to Dixie - Alma Gluck
- For Me and My Gal - Van & Schenck
- The Star-Spangled Banner - John McCormack
- America - Louis Gravieure