Monday 7 May 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 7, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Tomlinson and Carlos Jimenez Ledgard.
A Romance of the Redwoods, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 May 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1917 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- David Tomlinson: Scotland, United Kingdom -- Actor (Mary Poppins, Helter Skelter).
- William Geoffrey: Biddle bomb disposal expert.
- Carlos Jimenez Ledgard: Peruvian lawyer and politician.
- Domenico Bartolucci: Italian cardinal and composer (d. 2013).
- Lenox Hewitt: Australian public servant.
- Red Sox Babe Ruth beats Washingston Senator Walter Johnson, 1-0
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- John McCormack - When Irish Eyes Are Smiling
- Keep Your Eye on the Girlie You Love - M.J. O'Connell
- Ev'ry Little While - Al Jolson
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag and Smile, Smile, Smile - Helen Clark