Saturday 3 May 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 3, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Dyson and Peter Welch.
Dishonored Lady, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Birthday Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 May 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1947 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Peter Welch: Politician.
- James Dyson: Designer.
- Patrick Jarnouen De Villertay: Daily practise of astrology since 1984 (at first traditional astrology, then Dane Rudhyar's humanist astrology).
- Jean-Claude Wallerand: French maître sommelier, the President of the Burgundy Sommelier Association.
- Doug Henning: Canadian magician (Born 1947).
- Japan forms a constitutional democracy.
- 73rd Kentucky Derby: Eric Guerin aboard Jet Pilot wins in 2:06.8.
- New post-war Japanese constitution goes into effect.
- The new post-war Japanese constitution goes into effect.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1947 ?