Monday 21 May 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Raymond Burr and Frank Bellamy.
A Romance of the Redwoods, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Light in the Clearing by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1917!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1917 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Raymond Burr: Actor (Perry Mason), dies of liver cancer at 76.
- Frank Bellamy
- Heather Swift: Local councillor.
- Ronald John Bilsland Colville: Businessman.
- Jean-Louis Curtis: French writer (Just Causes).
- Dennis Day New York City: New York, Irish tenor/comedian (Jack Benny Show, Danny Boy).
- Leo Pinckney, first American drafted during WWI.
- The Commonwealth War Graves Commission is established through Royal Charter to mark, record and maintain the graves and places of commemoration of Commonwealth of Nations military forces.
- The Great Atlanta fire of 1917.
- Over 300 acres (73 blocks) are destroyed in the Great Atlanta fire of 1917.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Let's All be Americans Now - American Quartet
- From Here to Shanghai - Gene Greene & Peerless Quartet
- America, Here's My Boy - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?